Cream cheese sweetie biscuits
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These biscuits are cute and fun for sweet lunchbox or picnic treats. The kids will love helping you make them. The cream cheese gives the biscuits a crunchy exterior, whilst they remain soft inside which makes the perfect combination. Packed with chocolate sweets such as Smarties or M&M’s, these delicious bites only take 15 mins to prepare and 12 mins to cook. If you want to be extra naughty top with chocolate spread or swap the chocolate sweets for gooey marshmallows instead.
- 340g granulated sugar
- 100g cream cheese
- 60g melted butter
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 350g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½tsp bicarbonate of Soda
- ½tsp salt
- 2 packets of coloured chocolate sweets such as Smarties
For a nutty alternative, use chocolate peanuts, such as peanut M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl
- Add the melted butter and beat until combined
- Add the oil and egg and beat until smooth
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and add to the wet ingredients with 1 packet of the sweets
- Mix until it forms a soft dough. Roll into 12 balls and chill for 1 hour
- Place each ball onto the baking sheet and press with the heel of the hand to flatten slightly.
- Place the sweets from the remaining packet over the top of the biscuits and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are set and just turning golden
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.