Jaffa Cake pancakes
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Love Jaffa Cakes? Love pancakes? We've got a treat for you! We've experimented with pancake toppings and found the perfect combination to recreate the flavours of your favourite snack. A little orange marmalade and dark chocolate is such a simple pairing but it results in delicious pancakes for the whole family. They're so much easier to make than you may think!
See more from our pancake experiment with our 24 things you never thought to do with pancakes
- Basic pancake recipe batter (replace the milk with buttermilk and flour with self-raising flour for a thicker pancake)
- Orange marmalade
- Dark chocolate
- Make up a batch of basic pancakes, and allow to cool slightly. We made American-style pancakes for this recipe by replacing the milk with buttermilk and the plain flour with self-raising.
- Place a table spoon of marmalade in the centre of the pancake.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (in a microwave-safe bowl) in short bursts, stirring in between to avoid clumps.
- Pour the chocolate over the pancake. You can score around the marmalade with a knife to give it more definition (and so it looks more like the real thing!)
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.