Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This recipe proves that anyone can bake bread. Made and baked in under 20 minutes, itís quick and very easy! Flat bread makes the perfect starter served with hummus or guacamole. This bread is also cheap to make and only uses a few ingredients. The buttermilk in the recipe makes the flat bread extra soft and spongy. Granary flour makes this bread much healthier than white flat bread.
- 100g granary flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150ml buttermilk
- 2tbsp milk
- Olive oil for brushing
These keep for a couple of days, so are good for lunchboxes or picnics
- Preheat the grill. Dust a baking sheet with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flours, baking powder and salt
- Stir in the buttermilk and milk. Mix to a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 and flatten to discs approximately 5mm thick
- Place on the baking sheet and grill on each side for 3Ĺ minutes. Brush the tops with oil.