Beef in black bean sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make this delicious beef in black bean sauce as a quick and easy meal. Itís much healthier than your average Chinese takeaway and costs less to make too. With 200 calories and 10g fat per portion, this tasty dish can be ready in 45 mins. Serve with homemade egg fried rice or soft noodles drizzled in soy sauce. Mariante the beef in the black bean sauce before cooking for succulent, tender beef. Make sure you donít overcook this meat otherwise itíll be too chewy. This dish would make the perfect main course for Chinese New Year celebrations. Garnish with fresh coriander and enjoy!
- 350g stir-fry beef
- 160g sachet black bean stir-fry sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 2tbsps groundnut oil
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
- Coriander, for garnish
You could also try this recipe with chicken instead
- Mix the beef with the black bean and soy sauces and the cornflour. Leave it to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Cook the beef in the oil for 1-2 minutes, then add the pepper, chilli and ginger and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables have just softened. Serve immediately, garnished with coriander.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 200(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.