Giant M&M cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our blogger Maxine is baking her way around the world. She chose to make these giant M&M cookies to represent America in her wonderful blog and we couldn't think of a better way to do that. These classic American-style cookies are given the perfect chocolatey twist with the addition of M&Ms. Fun for all ages, these tasty bites are ready in under 30 mins and would make a lovely base for any decorations you want to do with the kids.
- 125g butter, softened
- 75g light brown sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200g self-raising flour
- 100g M&Ms any kind
These are best eaten on the day you bake them. You can freeze balls of dough or pop them in the fridge so they can be baked another day.
- Heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease or line 2 baking sheets.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add the flour and beat until all the mixture is combined then stir in the M&Ms. Keep a few back to place on top.
- Drop tablespoons onto greased baking sheets, spacing apart as they will double in size. Place remaining M&Ms on top of each cookie.
- Bake until lightly browned and then cool on baking sheet for a few mins, then place on a wire rack.
Read Maxine's baking blog