Sweet chilli cod parcels
Skill level: Easy peasy
This is such a quick, simple low-fat supper for all the family or to share with friends. Cooking the fish in foil parcels keeps it moist and seals in all the flavours. Everyone loves sweet chilli sauce and it gives such an instant hit of flavour to baked fish. We’ve used cod but you could use any firm white fish or even salmon fillets. You could also vary the vegetables used, try slices of courgette or green beans too. Just serve with some boiled new potatoes and a green salad to complete the meal.
- 200g fine asparagus spears
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 4 pieces cod loin about 150g each
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
If you cannot find fine asparagus, use larger stems and cook in boiling water for 2-3 mins before adding to the foil parcel.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the asparagus and cherry tomatoes in half lengthways and place on 4 large pieces of foil. Place the cod on top and drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice. Drizzle over the chilli sauce then fold the foil up and seal the ends to make a tight parcel.
- Bake the fish in the oven on a baking tray for 15- 20 mins. The fish will flake easily when cooked. Serve with new potatoes.