Toffee pecan bananas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Who could resist this ever so easy toffee pecan bananas dessert that takes just 15 mins to make. The sweet sticky toffee sauce is so quick to make and is also delicious served with pan-fried apple slices, pineapple slices, cooked plums or peaches, or of course can just be poured over ice cream or a warm sponge pudding. Top with toasted chopped hazelnuts, almonds or walnuts if you donít have pecans
- 50g butter
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 4tbsp double cream
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 50g pecans, chopped
Light muscovado sugar has a natural caramel flavour which is much tastier than light brown sugar.
- Melt just a knob of the butter and 1 tbsp of sugar in a frying pan and fry the bananas for a minute or two until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and allow to melt. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved, then bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the double cream.
- Drizzle the sauce over the cooked bananas and sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm.