Pork steaks with peppers and olives
Skill level: Easy peasy
If pork steaks or chops are a regular item on your shopping list jazz them up with this tasty dish of pork steaks with peppers and olives. Full of rich Mediterranean flavours, itís a quick and easy dish to make for family and friends. Lamb steaks or chicken breasts would also work well instead of pork. Serve with couscous to soak up all the lovely juices and some green beans. Allow 200g couscous for 4 people and cover with 400ml boiling water or hot vegetable stock, cover and leave to stand for 10 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff up with a fork, season and stir in a knob of butter.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork steaks, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 black olives
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Green beans and couscous, to serve
If you donít fancy couscous this is also delicious with new potatoes or rice.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the pork steaks and fry for 4-5 mins each side until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the peppers, cook for 2 mins until starting to soften then add the garlic and cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 min. 3 Add the black olives, tomato puree, stock and balsamic vinegar and bring to the boil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, return the pork and any juices to the pan and simmer for 10 mins. Serve with green beans and couscous.