Smoky fish pancake parcels
Skill level: Easy peasy
These flavoursome packed pancakes are easy to make and are filled with smoked haddock, leeks, cream cheese and a handful of capers. They only take 15 mins to cook and are topped with sprigs of parsley for a fresh finish. Using our basic pancake recipe, these savoury treats are ideal as a lunch time snack or Pancake Day favourite. Serving 4 people, each pancake contains 495 calories and 24g of fat. Sprinkle with cheese and serve warm.
- 8 basic pancakes
- 1 large leek
- 30g butter
- 500g smoked haddock pieces
- 200g tub of extra-light cream cheese
- 1tbsp rinsed capers
- 4tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 60g mixed fresh grated mature Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses
You could try this recipe with chicken instead
- To make the fish filling: Trim and slice 1 large leek and sauté it gently in about 30g butter for a couple of mins. Stir, then put about 500g smoked haddock pieces on top.
- Cover and cook gently for 5-6 mins, until just cooked.
- Soften a 200g tub of extra-light cream cheese in a bowl, add 1 rounded tbsp rinsed capers and 4 tbsps fresh chopped parsley. Season with black pepper. Add the leeks and skinned, boned fish, and the buttery juices. Mix in gently.
- Divide the mixture between eight 20cm warm basic pancakes. Fold in the sides to make parcels. Pack in a lightly buttered flameproof dish or baking tray. Sprinkle with about 60g mixed fresh grated mature Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and put under a low grill until warmed through and the cheese melts and browns. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 495(kcal)
- Fat 24.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.