Hot banana pudding
Skill level: Easy peasy
This is a great little dessert to serve mid week or for Sunday lunch and is easy to make as it is just a sponge mixture with mashed bananas folded in. Why not get the kids to cook it for you! It is delicious served hot, straight from the oven with a good dollop of vanilla ice cream, clotted cream or just whipped double cream.
- 50g butter, plus a little extra for greasing
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 50g self-raising flour
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1tbsp milk
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
You could bake this in one small baking dish – about 500ml. Bake for a little longer- 20-25 mins or until golden and just firm in the centre.
- Thickly butter 4 individual ramekin dishes. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the egg until smooth then fold in the flour, cinnamon and milk.
- Mash the banana roughly on a plate then stir into the cake mixture. Divide between the ramekins and bake for 15-20 mins until just golden brown and firm in the centre. Serve hot with ice cream or cream.