Chocolate croissant and banana pudding
Skill level: Easy peasy
This divine chocolate croissant and banana putting is the perfect hot pudding to serve after Sunday lunch, and can be made with just a few simple ingredients - including stale croissants or bread! It is a good alternative to traditional bread and butter pudding, especially if you throw in a handful of chopped mixed fruit or sultanas or some roughly chopped hazelnuts. Serve with pouring cream or scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- 4 large croissants
- 8tbsp chocolate and hazelnut spread
- 2 small bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp Demerara sugar
Use thick slices of sweet brioche bread instead of the croissants.
- Halve or thickly slice the croissants and spread with the chocolate and hazelnut spread. Arrange the croissants in a buttered ovenproof dish with half the banana slices.
- Beat together the eggs, milk and vanilla extract and pour over the croissants. Leave to stand for 20mins to allow the liquid to soak into the croissants. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Scatter over the rest of the banana slices and sprinkle over the Demerara sugar. Bake for 30-35mins until the croissants are golden and the custard has just set.