Chocolate banana sundae
Skill level: Easy peasy
Itís easy to create delicious ice cream sundaes at home with just a few good quality ingredients. Youíll need to buy the more expensive luxury ice creams as cheaper soft scoop varieties will melt too quickly. Prepare the ice cream scoops in advance by scooping onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment then place in the freezer for a couple of hours to really firm up. Chill the glasses in the fridge for an hour and assemble the sundaes just a few minutes before serving. Top with coloured sugar sprinkles or white chocolate curls instead of the chopped nuts, if preferred.
Add a splash of orange liqueur or Irish cream liqueur to the chocolate sauce for an adult version.
- 150g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50g unsalted butter, cubed
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 100ml double cream
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 1 litre chocolate ice cream
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1tbsp chopped mixed nuts
- Chocolate dipped wafers, to serve
- To make the chocolate sauce, place the chocolate, butter, syrup and cream in a pan and heat very gently, whisking all the time until the chocolate and butter have melted. Whisk together until smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat and cool for 15-20mins, whisking occasionally.
- Scoop the ice creams into four large sundae glasses along with the sliced banana. Spoon the chocolate sauce over the ice cream and sprinkle with the chopped nuts. Serve immediately with chocolate coated wafers.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.