Cheesy baked breakfast ham and egg cups
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so give your usual eggs a twist by baking them with ham and tomatoes. Line your dishes with slices of ham, crack an egg, add some small chunks of cheese and tomatoes and bake for a quarter of an hour. Kids love ‘em as they’re a bit more exciting than their usual bowl of cereal and they feel like a real treat! Great for an alternative weekend breakfast. These breakfast cups are really fun to make, so why not get the kids to help you out with them.
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 large eggs
- 8 x 1cm cubes of Cheddar cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- A little butter
- Salt and pepper, to season
The ramekins will be red hot when they come out of the oven, so remove the baked ham and eggs from the ramekins and serve on buttered wholemeal toast.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Butter each ramekin by using your fingers.
- Put a slice of ham in each ramekin and press it against the side to create a ‘cup’.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin. Add a couple of chunks of cheese, then a couple of pieces of tomato.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 12-15 mins, until the whites have set and the yolks are runny.