Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Turn a simple pack of wraps into gorgeous quick vegetarian quesadillas in just a few minutes. They make a perfect snack, quick lunch, or part of a Mexican feast. Stuffed with sweetcorn, peppers, onions, tomatoes and melting cheese, these crispy treats are incredibly easy to make but look really impressive. You can add in anything else you like (mushrooms, courgettes, spinach, different kinds of cheese, different spices) to make your perfect vegetarian quesadillas. This recipe makes 2-4 quesadillas, if you're feeding more people double the quantities in the ingredients list - they won't go to waste! You can have these veggie classics on the table in just 25 mins.
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 150g sweetcorn
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 4 wraps or tortillas
- 150g grated cheese
These are delicious served with guacamole, salsa, sour cream and a margarita!
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Cook it in the olive oil over a medium heat until translucent.
- Drain the sweetcorn, and roughly chop the tomatoes. De-seed the pepper and chop it up.
- Add all the vegetables to the onions, and heat through.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium hot.
- Place one wrap into a large dry frying pan and sprinkle with half the cheese. Place under the grill for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Top the melted cheese with half of the vegetables, and place another wrap flat on top. Press down.
- Return to the grill for 1-2 minutes, until the top wrap is crispy.
- Repeat with the other wraps, and the rest of the vegetables and cheese.
- Cut into quarters and serve hot.