Stilton-stuffed sausages with glazed mushrooms
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give your sausages a cheesy makeover with this brilliant banger recipe. First cook your sausages, then slice them down the middle and stuff them with Stilton cheese. It takes the great British banger to a whole new level. It only takes 15 mins to prepare and cook and is a great dish that the whole family can enjoy if you double up the quantities. Itís cheap as chips to make and delicious served with thick crusty bread.
- A little oil
- 4 good quality Cumberland sausages
- 6-8 slices of Stilton cheese
- 10-12 shitake or white mushrooms, halved
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread, toasted
- Knob of butter, for cooking
Chopped into chunks, these sausages make a fantastic dinner time meal stirred into cooked pasta and sprinkled with thyme leaves. You can use any strong melting cheese you like.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the sausages until browned all over, approx. 10 mins.
- Slice them through the middle, lengthways, and insert a couple of slices of cheese into each.
- Return to the frying pan and cook a little longer until the cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saucepan and cook the mushrooms until tender, approx. 5-7 mins.
- Toast the bread and serve the sausages and the mushrooms on top.