Clotted cream rice pudding
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This thick and creamy clotted cream rice pudding recipe is so easy to make, the perfect treat on a cold Sunday afternoon. The whole family will love this dish. This recipe serves 5-6 people. This delicious treat takes 2hrs to cook so make sure you prepare in advance if you want to serve it at a certain time. It doesn’t take much to make this recipe; all you need is full fat milk, clotted cream, caster sugar and pudding rice (of course!) Top with grated nutmeg or cinnamon. You could even serve your warm rice pudding with lashings of cream or milk for an extra naughty treat. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat or serve cold.
- 600ml full-fat milk
- 227g carton clotted cream
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g short-grain pudding rice
- 1 litre (1¾ pint) ovenproof dish, buttered
Sprinkle the top of the rice pudding with cinnamon or sugar for an even tastier skin on top
- Set the oven to 150°C/275°F/Gas Mark 2. Pour the milk into a pan and add the cream. Bring to the boil, stirring until the cream melts. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar. Tip the rice into the buttered dish and pour over the hot milk
- Grate lots of nutmeg over the top. Place the dish on a baking tray in the oven and cook for about 2 hrs, or until the rice is tender. Serve hot or cold
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 380(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.