Pan-fried salmon with lemon and chilli crust
Skill level: Easy peasy
This super-simple salmon recipe has got everything you could possibly want, in terms of nutritional goodies: vitamin D in the oily salmon; and virtually the whole alphabet of vitamins if served with the steamed green beans. Add a squeeze of lemon for a touch of extra zing, a rasher of bacon for a savoury note and a pinch of chilli powder for a bit of a kick. This delicious recipe only takes 10 mins to cook and 5 mins to prepare so itís a quick and easy option, perfect as a mid-week meal the whole family can enjoy.
- Zest and juice of Ĺ lemon
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 2 organic salmon fillets
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 rasher streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
Fancy a change from salmon? Try trout fillets.
- Mix zest of half a lemon and 1 tsp of chilli powder with a squeeze of lemon juice and spread on both sides of salmon fillet. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the oil to a frying pan, then cook the bacon until crispy. Push to one side of the pan, then add the salmon.
- Cook on one side until you can see the fish is cooked a third of the way through, then flip to other side and watch until itís cooked another third of the way through, approx. 8-10 mins in total.
Cook the beans in a pan of salted boiling water, drain, then add to the frying pan with the salmon and bacon.
- Turn off heat, spritz with about 1tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice and leave in pan for 2-5 mins. The salmon will continue to cook through in the pan.
- Serve with new potatoes, tossed in butter and pepper, green beans and bacon, mustard mayo and a wedge of lemon.