Curried chicken platter
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is one of those recipes that quickly becomes a family favourite that you make time and time again for a get together, birthdays, parties, weddings, barbeques in fact it fits the bill for all occasions. So easy to make you can add absolutely anything you like t to the basic ingredients so it can be a bit different every time. It makes a lovely centrepiece dish for the table and can so easily be adapted to make any quantity you like. Great for packed lunches and picnics this recipe can be as varied as your imagination.
- 450g cooked cold chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small dice
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into small dice
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 50g raisins,
- 1 red skinned apple, cored and cut into small pieces
- 50g walnut pieces
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 4 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
- 4tbsps natural yogurt
- 2tsp curry powder
- 2tsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley, coriander or chives
- Lettuce leaves to serve
If you keep a bag of frozen cooked chicken strips in the freezer you can easily take out the quantity you need for this recipe simply thaw before adding them. Also try adding ready cooked roast Chicken Tikka pieces they are delicious in this recipe, making it extra spicy, and are available from most supermarkets.
- Put the chicken, peppers, onions, raisins, apple, walnuts and celery into a large bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl put the mayonnaise, yoghurt, curry powder, lemon juice and seasoning and stir together until well combined.
- Stir in the herbs and then spoon the dressing into the chicken mixture. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter and spoon the curried chicken mayonnaise on top.