Crunchy topped fish bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Quick and simple to prepare this is a tasty dish to serve midweek when time is short. Use any white fish fillets and top with tomatoes and a breadcrumb topping. Parsley and lemon gives additional flavour. Serve with mixed vegetables for a wholesome meal which will soon become a firm family favourite. This recipe serves 4 but if you have any leftover, pop into an airtight container and leave in the fridge eat within 1 day; the sooner you eat it, the best it will taste.
- 4 white fish fillets e.g pollock, haddock, cod etc, skinned
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 50g fresh white or brown breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
Always make any leftover bread into breadcrumbs and freeze so you always have a handy supply ready to make into a speedy topping.
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C/400⁰F/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6.
- Arrange the fish fillets in a wide ovenproof dish. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the fish.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper and oil.
- Spoon the breadcrumb mixture over the fish and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake for 15 20 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with mixed vegetables and potatoes.