Fish with black olives and capers
Skill level: Easy peasy
A very quick and easy recipe to prepare when you are short of time and want a light and delicious fish dish. Haddock fillets cook quickly and are full of flavour. The speedy sauce has a slightly sharp and nutty flavour which goes very well with the fish. Olives and capers add interesting flavours to this dish which could be served at any time. Delicious served with roasted tomatoes and sauté potatoes or a simple salad.
- 4 haddock fillets
- 115g butter
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp capers
- 100g black olives, cut into pieces
Any white fish fillet can be used in this recipe. The sauce could also be added to sole or plaice.
- Melt 25g of the butter in a small saucepan, then brush over one side of the haddock fillets.
- Place the haddock on the grill pan and grill for about 6 minutes. Turn each fillet over, brush with more melted butter and cook for a further 5 – 6 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining butter into the saucepan and heat gently until it begins to turn golden but do not allow it to burn.
- Add the vinegar, capers and olives and stir well. Pour the butter sauce over the fish and serve.