Skill level: Easy peasy
A stir-fry is a very quick and simple meal. Marinate salmon fillets in teriyaki sauce and lime juice for 10 mins before cooking. Stir-fry a pack of stir-fry mix veg, add noodles and top with flakes of salmon. Sprinkle with lime juice and serve hot. You could try this recipe with strips of chicken or beef instead for a meatier version or pack full with more veggie such as red pepper, courgette and carrot for a vegetarian option. This recipe is so quick to make, it would be the perfect mid-week meal if you’re in a hurry or just want to put your feet up and relax.
- Zest and juice of 1 lime,
- 4tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 skinned salmon fillets, about 125g each
- 2 nests of dried medium egg noodles
- 300g pack colourful stir-fry veg mix
- Extras: Oil, soy sauce, for serving
Add some fresh coriander leaves for extra flavour. You can make this with chicken or beef strips.
- Mix the lime zest with the teriyaki sauce in a small, shallow dish. Add the salmon, coat the pieces well, then leave to marinate for 10 mins.
- Heat a wok or pan over a medium heat, then add 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Scrape excess marinade from the salmon, then add the fish to the pan and fry for 2-3 mins on each side, until just cooked. Take it out of the pan and set aside.
- Cook the noodles as instructed on the pack. Meanwhile, add the leftover marinade from the dish to the wok with the veg, and stir-fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add the drained noodles to the wok and mix in. Top with large flakes of salmon.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and serve hot, with soy sauce to taste.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 408(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.