Skill level: Easy peasy
This creamy coffee-infused classic is a quick and moreish dessert recipe packed full of sweet flavour. Triple tested in the Woman’s Weekly kitchen, this classic Italian tiramisu makes 4 individual portions that are perfect for sharing with your friends. A creamy mascarpone base a dash of Tia Maria makes these quick desserts a delicious choice. They only take 15 mins to make and are bedded with soft sponge fingers which absorb all the moisture and flavour of the alcohol. You could serve this recipe in a large serving bowl instead just layer the same as you would in individual glasses so it looks just as impressive.
- 2tbsp ground coffee
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 4tbsp Tia Maria (or another coffee liqueur, brandy or Marsala)
- 16 sponge fingers
- 2tsp cocoa powder
- 4 glasses or cups
If you don’t have ground coffee, use 2tbsps good instant coffee and make it in a jug.
- Put the coffee in a cafetière, add 200ml boiling water and leave for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, soften the mascarpone in a bowl with the icing sugar and 3 tablespoons of the liqueur.
- Pour the coffee into a shallow dish. Add a tablespoon of liqueur. Using 8 sponge fingers, soak 2 of them at a time in the coffee, then break into 2 or 3 pieces into the 4 glasses or cups.
- Spoon an eighth of the cheese mixture into each glass/cup, then dip the last 8 fingers into the rest of the coffee and place on top. Spoon the rest of the cheese mixture over.
- Dust with cocoa powder. Serve straightaway or chill.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 420(kcal)
- Fat 27.0g
- Saturates 18.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.