Rich chocolate and raspberry pots
Cooking time:(chilling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These decadent little desserts are so quick and easy to make and are absolutely delicious. The densely textured chocolate cream is rich, luxurious and smooth and the raspberries add a tang that cuts through the rich flavour of the chocolate. The chocolate pots will need about 3 hours to chill in the fridge but take a very short time to prepare. For the best flavour use a plain chocolate with 70% cocoa solids. This would make a lovely dessert for Valentine’s day or a special occasion.
- 150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) broken into small pieces
- 500ml double cream
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 75g fresh raspberries
- Few mint leaves
You can use milk chocolate instead of plain and use a few strawberries instead of raspberries.
- Put the chocolate, 2/3rds of the cream, sugar and butter into a small saucepan. Warm very gently over a low heat, stirring constantly.
- When everything has melted into the cream, mix together until very smooth and well blended.
- Pour the chocolate cream into 4 small pots, cups or ramekin dishes. Chill in the fridge for about 3 hours until firm.
- Whip the remaining cream until it forms peaks and then spoon or pipe a little onto each chocolate pot. Decorate each pot with the raspberries and add a mint leaf.