Easy strawberry sundaes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A very pretty dessert, quickly made and ideal to serve after a rich main course, Summer lunch or as a tempting treat at any time. The yogurt cuts through the richness of the cream and gives a delicious tangy flavour. The freshness of the mixed berries turns this sweet treat into a healthy feeling quick dessert that can be rustled up in under 15 mins. Served with runny honey and sweet white wine, this delicious dessert is perfect if you’re looking for something light.
- 225g strawberries hulled and cut into pieces
- 100g raspberries
- 100g blackberries
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp sweet white wine
- 150ml whipping cream
- 150g carton low fat natural yogurt
- 1 small meringue, broken into small pieces
- Few mint leaves to decorate
You can use any combination of fruits – fresh or canned pineapple, kiwi or nectarines all work very well. You could also pop a spoonful of ice cream on top to make it extra special – the variations are endless.
- Put the strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, reserving a few of each for decoration, into a bowl.
- Add the honey and wine and stir well. Set aside.
- Whip the cream until it forms firm peaks, then stir in the yoghurt and mix together until well combined.
- Put a spoonful of fruits into 4 serving glasses.
- Add a spoonful of the cream, then a layer of meringue.
- Repeat until you have used up the fruits and meringue and finish with a layer or cream.
- Decorate the top of each glass with the remaining strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- Top each with a mint leaf. Chill until required.