Prawn salad with lemon dressing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This classic prawn salad recipe is a real favourite come lunch time. A light and delicious prawn salad is just the thing for a Summer time lunch. Succulent prawns combine with olives and tomatoes in a tangy lemon dressing. You can often find prawns on special offer in the supermarket so this recipe can be quite economical. Serve it with wholemeal bread for a healthy meal. A crisp, fresh salad adds another dimension to this salad along with the cucumber and pitted olives. This delicious, healthy salad takes only 10 mins to prepare and serves 4 people.
- 1 small lettuce, torn into shreds
- 450g cooked and shelled prawns
- 100g green pitted olives
- ½ cucumber, cut into small dice
- 4 tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
For the lemon dressing:
- 5tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- Pinch dry mustard powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon slices and sprigs of dill to garnish
You could use mixed seafood for this recipe instead of the prawns. A Marie Rose sauce would work well with this recipe instead of the lemon dressing.
- Arrange the lettuce on a large serving platter. Add the prawns, olives, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Put the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, caster sugar and mustard powder into a small screw-top jar or small bowl and shake vigorously or whisk together until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Serve garnished with lemon slices and sprigs of dill and serve with crusty wholemeal bread.