Salmon salad with herb vinaigrette
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This sounds very luxurious but it is an inexpensive recipe because it uses smoked salmon trimmings which are good value for money. The addition of rocket and watercress adds a delicious peppery flavour. Serve this salad as a main meal or delicious “al fresco” lunch with crusty French bread and a chilled glass of white wine. It's light and refreshing and perfect if you're looking for a healthy lunch or starter recipe.
- 225g smoked salmon trimmings
- 90g packet rocket
- Small bunch of watercress, chopped
- 8 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped flat leafed parsley
- 3 tbsp dill, finely chopped
You can use any fish in this recipe – try hot smoked salmon fillets – 1 per person - instead. You could also add fruit to this recipe such as a sliced peach or nectarine.
- Separate the salmon trimmings and set aside.
- Put the rocket, watercress, radishes and onion into a salad bowl and add the salmon trimmings.
- Put the lemon juice, honey and salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then stir in the parsley and dill.
- Pour the dressing into the salad and toss everything together gently to combine all the ingredients. Serve immediately with crusty bread.