Pink beetroot bear ‘mummy and me’ cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
goodtoknow user Rebecca Beesley has chosen her mum's pink beetroot bear ‘mummy and me’ cookies as her Mum's Best Dish. She says 'This is a lovely recipe to make with the kids as they can get involved and have fun making and decorating the cookies. What a fab way to spend Mother’s Day!' The pink colouring is given by the rich ruby red colour of the beetroot which is a much healthier way to colour your biscuits. Using bear shaped cutters and fondant for the outfits, these cookies are just delightful.
- 350g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch salt
- 2tbsps of pureed beetroot (boil and blend fresh beetroot)
See all the entries for our Mum's Best Dish competition
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg yolk. Add the pureed beetroot. Add the flour and salt.
- Mix together to form a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out (using flour to stop sticking). Cut into bear shapes (or any shapes you like).
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Then you can decorate your cute pink beetroot bear cookies however you wish