Garlic and rosemary potato slices
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Garlic and rosemary are a match made in heaven and when they're combined with delicious new potatoes you've got a match made in heaven! By keeping the skins on and slicing the potatoes you'll get a nice mix of sticky and chewy potatoes with all the goodness of the skins. These are a great healthy alternative to your usual roast potatoes as you only need a tablespoon of olive or rapeseed oil. If you haven't tried rapeseed oil before then give it a go. It's a similar price to olive oil, it's made in the UK and is rich in omega 3.
- 500g new potatoes, thickly slicked
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
Once cooked, pour over a tin of chopped tomatoes, top with grated cheddar and breadcrumbs and grill for 5 minutes for a quick and easy potato bake.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Put the sliced potatoes in an ovenproof dish. Add the rosemary, garlic, oil, salt and pepper and combine well so all the potatoes are coated.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and golden.