Tuna and lemon mayonnaise wraps
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Plain flatbread wraps, which have been a staple in many parts of the world for centuries, are so easy to use, they have become increasingly popular in this country. Just pop on the filling, turn in the ends, roll up, cut in half and enjoy! These tuna and lemon mayonnaise wraps make a great lunch box main meal. Wraps are much healthier than bread, you could also use brown or wholemeal wraps instead for an even healthier spin.
- 160g can tuna chunks in brine, drained
- 2-3tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 plain ready to eat white wrap bread
- 2 small little gem lettuce, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered, deseeded and finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon
These wraps are perfect for picnics; just pop them in a cool bag and dont forget the icepacks...
- Pop the tuna in a bowl and add enough mayonnaise to bind. Season to taste with lemon, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay the wraps on a work surface. Scatter with the lettuce and chopped tomato.
- Dollop the tuna mix on top. Fold the edges of the wrap in slightly to encase the filling, then roll up to make a fat sausage shape. Cut each wrap in half and serve.