Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This delicious and easy recipe is sweet and simple to make. It doesn’t take much to make these tasty snacks. This wouldn’t be safe for a child to make on his or her own, but they will love listening to the great popping sound of the popcorn coming from the pan. It’s the perfect snack for a rainy evening in front of the TV or watching a fun family film all together. Plus it only takes 5 mins to cook.
- 100g popcorn
- 2tbsp light olive oil
- A large pinch of salt
- ½tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste (optional)
If you don’t like cinnamon flavour with a little sugar when cooked.
- Place all the ingredients into a medium size pan and stir thoroughly.
- Cover the pan with a tight fitted lid and heat gently, you should be able to hear the kernels popping. Shake every now and then, and continue heating until the popping sound subsides.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand until no more popping sounds can be heard.
- Remove the lid using oven gloves and stir thoroughly, otherwise the popcorn at the bottom will burn.
- Leave to cool slightly, before popping into individual bowls and serving.