Prep time:plus overnight setting
Total time:plus overnight setting
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
You canít throw a childrenís party without jelly and ice cream and hereís an easy way. Itís so simple the kids can help you make it. By adding fresh fruit it will just help build towards one of their five a day too. It only takes 5 mins to prepare and the hard part is waiting for it to set Ė itís just so delicious and simple and the perfect dessert recipe within budget.
- 135g packet blackcurrant, orange, strawberry, lemon or lime flavour jelly
- 335ml cold water or 167ml cold water and 167ml juice of your choice
- 150g blueberries or raspberries
This recipe can be adapted to your taste, you could use orange jelly with satsumas, raspberry jelly with raspberries, and so on.
- Place the jelly cubes in a microwave proof container, with 100ml of water and heat for about 1 minute. Stir well until all the jelly has dissolved.
- Then make the mix up to 570ml with cold water (you need to add about 335ml of cold water) then stir well.
- Divide the blueberries or raspberries between four glasses or jelly moulds and pour a quarter of the liquid into each. Leave in the fridge to set.