Deep-fried Creme Eggs
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These delicious deep-fried Creme Eggs are so easy to make. Using a basic pancake recipe (yes, pancake!) it doesnít take much to turn your Creme Egg into a mouth-watering treat for Easter. The kids are going to love the gooey, chocolate surprise under each coating of golden, crisp batter. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream for an extra naughty treat. This recipe is so simple but is best made by adults because of the boiling hot oil used to cook the batter, so keep little hands away until itís time to eat!
See more of our egg-themed treats with our 18 eggtastic ideas for Easter
- In a large mixing bowl make the pancake batter. Gradually add in the extra plain flour whisking with a whisk or fork.
- Meanwhile boil some vegetable oil in a large pan on the hob and test it's ready by dropping some of the mixture into the oil - if it sizzles and cooks quickly then it's ready to be used, if not continue to heat until ready.
- Once the mixture has reached a thick smooth consistancy, dip the Creme Eggs into the mix on a large ladel and completely cover, if the mix sticks to the egg, it's thick enough. If not, add a little more flour.
- Carefully drop the Creme Eggs into the oil one at a time. We'd recommend using a spoon to do this or being extra careful not to burn yourself on the hot oil.
- Leave to cook until the batter is crisp and golden on the outside. Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the batter covered eggs and turn on onto kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil.