Cinnamon toast with raspberries
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This cinnamon toast with raspberries recipe makes a delicious breakfast or brunch to serve to family and friends overt the Easter weekend. We have served this with raspberries but you can serve with any fresh fruit you like - blueberries, bananas or strawberries, or just drizzle with chocolate spread. This is a great way to use up leftover stale bread, and a good way to get the kids to enjoy more milk and eggs in their diet, they can even make this themselves – it’s a great way to feed starving children who have been for a sleepover too!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150ml milk
- 4 slices white bread
- 15g butter
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- Good pinch ground cinnamon
- 200g raspberries
You can make this with any left over bread, brioche or even sliced hot cross buns.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a large shallow dish.
- Dip the bread briefly in the egg and milk mixture until it just soaks up some of the milk but is not too soggy.
- Heat a knob of butter and a little oil in a frying pan until sizzling then fry the bread 1-2 pieces at a time until golden brown on each side.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the bread and serve hot with the raspberries.