Smoked salmon parcels
Skill level: Easy peasy
Smoked salmon is a great source of many of the things we need for a healthy diet. It also tastes great, as well! This is very easy to do, but will add a touch of luxury to any dinner party you want to give. These delicious flavor packed parcels are so easy to make and perfect for serving as a starter or light snack at a party. Plus they only take 10 mins to make too.
- 200g peeled fresh cooked prawns, drained
- 3tbsp mayonnaise
- 3tbsp soured cream
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300g smoked salmon slices
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
This is a lovely light starter but if you want to make it a little more substantial, then serve with slices of buttered, wholemeal bread.
- Mix together the prawns, mayonnaise, soured cream, parsley and season to taste.
- Separate the slices of smoked salmon and cut into 8 strips. Lay half of these on a work surface and put a portion of the prawn mixture in the centre of each.
- Wrap the ends of the salmon over the filling to close it like a parcel. Use the remaining pieces of salmon to completely seal the parcel.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and serve.