Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Archaeologists tell us that, according to the evidence, we have been foraging for blackberries for 8,000 years. Well, not you and me, but men and women down the ages; you know what we mean! Itís a long-established, as well as a lovely, fruit. Itís a good source of Vitamin C and dietary fibre. And itís also useful, doctors say, for combating the effects of a sore throat. So itís healthy as well as tasty! This is a fab dessert that is dead easy to whip up in next to no time.
- 225g blackberries
- 1-2tsp clear honey (or to taste)
- 200ml double cream
- 200ml ready-made custard (cold)
- A handful of blueberries or blackberries to decorate
- Sprigs of fresh mint to decorate
When you stir in the blackberry purťe and taste, you may want to add a little extra honey; it all depends on how tart your blackberries are.
- Whizz the blackberries and honey in a food processor, then sieve to remove the pips.
- Whip together the cream and custard until it just begins to hold its shape. Gently stir in the blackberry purťe and taste.
- Spoon into glass dishes or tumblers, scatter with blueberries (or blackberries) and serve decorated with fresh mint.