Fruity crunchy biscuit layer
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is a great pudding to rustle up at the very last minute for the two of you. We used amaretti biscuits but digestives will do just as well. Ring the changes with the fruit, too. We’ve used raspberries and strawberries but blackberries and blueberries taste just as good, too. Amaretto is a sweet, almond-based, Italian liqueur but you can use kirsch (German fruit brandy) instead.
- 60g amaretti biscuits, lightly crushed
- 150ml double cream
- 2tbsp amaretto or kirsch
- 100g raspberries
- 50g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- A handful of fresh blueberries (optional)
This dish allows you to be creative; you may need to add more biscuits, or more fruit, depending on the size and shape of your glass, to get the right effect.
- Put a thin layer of crushed biscuits in the bottom of two tall glasses.
- Add ½tbsp of amaretto to each, then put a layer of raspberries on top.
- Lightly whip the cream and add a layer to each glass. Repeat. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries.