Honey glazed carrots with parsley
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Honey glazed carrots are the perfect way to get the benefit of carrot's vitamins and fibre (although they won't help you to see in the dark) but convince those of us - kids especially - that they can be tasty too. The honey on the honey glazed carrots brings out the veggie's natural sweetness and makes them just that little more palatable, even to those who normally turn up their noses at the very idea. Adding a touch of parsley makes them look even more appetizing in the dish and adds a hint of freshness. Honey glazed carrots will become a family favourite side dish for your roast dinners.
- 300g carrots, scrubbed, trimmed and cut into chunky match sticks
- 2tbsp light olive oil
- 1tsp clear honey (or to taste)
- 1tbsp fresh orange juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
If you donít want to use flat-leaf parsley use 1tbsp freshly plucked thyme leaves instead
- Cook the carrots in a pan of boiling water for 5 mins until tender. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the carrots with the honey, orange juice, seasoning and parsley and stir-fry for 5 mins or until the carrots are nicely glazed.
If you want to make traditional glazed carrots, try our recipe.