Lemon and garlic hummus
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This quick and easy hummus recipe will have you whipping up this tasty dip in no time! Hummus is always a delicious and easy way to serve appetisers or snacks at a party or for when youíre feeling peckish. To make this tasty dip, you only need six ingredients - chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, plus salt and cayenne pepper. We recommend using canned chickpeas, but you also used dry ones, as long as you soak in water them overnight. This delicious lemon and garlic hummus combines some great flavours together to make one scrumptious dip recipe that can be served time and time again. It only takes 10 mins to make this popular Middle Eastern dip, which means itís the perfect quick and easy light snack. Itís always a favourite with children and with such an easy recipe, you can even get them involved in making it. This lemon and garlic hummus also makes a great standby healthy snack to keep in the fridge. Whether youíre serving it at a dinner party or just having it as a snack, this dip is best when consumed with breadsticks or pitta bread Ė delicious!
- 410g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp tahini
- 6-7tbsp olive oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
For a great dinner party starter, serve with hot garlic bread.
- Tip the chickpeas in a blender with two tablespoons of cold water, juice of 1 lemon and garlic, whizz to a thick puree. Add the tahini and blend again.
- Keeping the motor running, gradually add the olive oil. Season to taste with the salt and pepper, and add more lemon juice if you want.
- Spoon into a bowl and drizzle with a little extra olive oil.
Why not also try our classic hummus recipe?