Mushrooms in a cream sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This simple mushroom cream sauce tastes gorgeous served on top of a freshly cooked plate of pasta such as the tagliatelle or penne. It makes a lovely light lunch or a quick and easy starter for a supper party with friends. Itís also great to serve on top of toasted muffins for a different spin. Single cream and warm mushroom make up the base of this sauce. This recipe serves 2 people and will take 15 mins to prepare and cook. This sauce would also work perfectly with steak or chicken for a meaty, main course that the whole family can enjoy.
- 25g butter
- 200g mushrooms, wiped, trimmed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Ĺtsp flour
- 150ml single cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Tagliatelle, cooked and drained
This sauce also goes really well served with steak and chips.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan, until foaming, then add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 5 mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the cream, stirring constantly. Heat the sauce very gently until thickened and season with a little salt and pepper and flatleaf parsley.
- Serve on top of the cooked pasta with a fresh salad.