Roast chicken thighs with lemon and garlic and tarragon
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Tired of just serving chicken breasts all the time? Chicken thighs are a cheap treat with loads of flavour and are quick alternative to roasting the whole bird. Brilliant finger food for those messy eaters among us, children love these juicy, healthy treats. Normally cooked in the oven, the thighs can also be barbecued making this a great year round dish!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 stalks of tarragon
- Salt and pepper
If you’re not a fan of tarragon, replace it with 1 tbsp of chopped oregano, thyme or rosemary.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C/430°F/Fan 200°C/Gas Mark 7.
- Score the outside of the chicken thighs and place in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl, along with the finely grated zest of the lemon and its juice.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and add to the bowl along with the stalks of tarragon and some salt and pepper.
- Give the chicken a good mix and tip out the contents onto an ovenproof tray.
- Chop the squeezed lemon and place on the tray around the chicken and then place in the oven.
- After 40 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven. Discard the chopped lemon and serve.