Lamb with black bean and peppers
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you wouldn’t normally think of using lamb in a stir fry then this delicious recipe will surprise you. Use neck fillet or boneless leg of lamb chops and add onions, peppers and black bean sauce to make a satisfying and delicious midweek meal.
- 450g lamb neck fillet or boneless leg of lamb chops
- 1 egg white
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion,sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 5 tbsp black bean sauce
Make sure you keep the cornflour coated lamb moving in the wok to prevent it from sticking.
- Cut the lamb into very thin strips. Mix the cornflour with the egg white and the Chinese five spice powder.
- Toss the lamb strips in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a wok, frying or sauté pan and add the lamb.
- Stir fry over a high heat for 5 minutes or until the lamb starts to crisp at the edges.
- Add the onion, spring onions and peppers to the wok and stir fry for 5 – 6 minutes until the vegetables are just softened.
- Stir in the black bean sauce and heat through. Serve with rice or noodles.