Noodles with pineapple and chicken
Skill level: Easy peasy
A quick and easy stir fry, ideal for a midweek meal in a hurry. This recipe serves 4 people but quantities are not critical and it is very easy to increase or reduce the amounts depending on appetites. Use dried or fresh egg noodles, both are equally good and any vegetables of your choice can be added. Pineapple gives a delicious tang to the dish.
- 250g medium egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame or olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into small pieces
- 4 spring onions, cut into strips
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 small piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 200g beansprouts
- 200g fresh pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
If you prefer not to use fresh pineapple add a 227g can of pineapple pieces instead ( drained) Make sure you use pineapple in juice - syrup may spoil the flavour of the dish.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pack. Drain and transfer to a bowl or return to the pan and add a little sesame or olive oil. Toss the noodles in the oil to prevent them sticking together and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or deep sauté pan and when hot add the chicken. Stir fry for 8 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add the onions, chilli, ginger, beansprouts and pineapple. Stir fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir everything together until evenly combined.
- Mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce and chilli sauce and add to the wok or sauté pan, stirring it in well. Cook for a minute or two to heat through.