Cream of courgette soup
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Cream of courgette soup recipe is so easy to make and a delicious light, healthy lunch recipe that you'll want to make time and time again. This is a delicious soup and very quick and easy to make. The addition of Brie gives a distinctive flavour and complements courgettes perfectly. You can however reduce the amount of Brie if you prefer and you could add other leftover vegetables to this recipe, such as a handful of peas, a few florets of broccoli or cauliflower or green beans. A filling and satisfying soup to eat at lunchtime with a hunk of granary bread. Try it chilled too. This recipe serves 4-6 people and will take around 35 mins.
- 350g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 500g courgettes, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g Brie, cut into small pieces
- A little milk or water
- Crème fraiche
- Few very thin courgette strips
If you like a paler coloured soup remove the peel from the courgettes.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the courgettes and onions and simmer, covered, for a further 8 – 10 minutes until everything is softened.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted in. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cool a little, then blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return to the pan and add a little milk, water or stock until you get the consistency you like.
- Serve with a swirl of crème fraiche and a few courgette strips.