Tandoori lamb skewers
Prep time:30 mins to marinade
Skill level: Easy peasy
Perfect for cooking on the BBQ or grill, these spicy Tandoori lamb skewers are tender, succulent and full of flavour. Garnished with fresh mint, these flavoursome packed skewers are so simple to make and are a great way of adding immense flavour to lamb. Serve with Naan bread or in a pitta for a Greek twist serve with a cooling mint and yogurt sauce. This recipe would work just as well with beef chunks or chicken instead.
- 350-500g lamb, cubed
- 2-3tbsps tandoori curry paste
- 2tbsps yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1-2 green peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- Fresh mint, to garnish
This recipe would work just as well with cuts of beef instead
- Tip the lamb into a freezer bag and add the curry paste, yogurt and lemon juice. Seal the bag, then massage it to coat the lamb in the other ingredients. Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins, or preferably overnight.
- Thread the meat alternately with green pepper onto skewers. Cook on a griddle pan or under a hot grill at a moderate heat for 10-15 mins, turning them occasionally, until the lamb is cooked to your liking.
- Serve the kebabs with lemon wedges and mint.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 182(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.