Peach puff pie
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This peach puff pie is incredibly easy to make and looks and tastes very tasty too. With two layers of puff pastry this mouth-watering dessert recipe is so simple to make and is packed full of flavor. The sweet, soft peaches make this recipe irresistible. Serve with fresh cream and fresh peaches too for an even sweeter finish. This dish serves 6 people and should last a couple of days in the fridge covered in clingfilm but remember the sooner you serve, the better it will taste.
- 1 sheet of ready to roll puff pastry
- 1 x can tinned peaches, drained
- 100g caster sugar
- 20g softened butter
- 1 lightly beaten egg to glaze
This pie is great served warm from the oven, or chilled from the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Roll out the pastry to 1cm thick. Cut into 2 strips and place on the baking sheet
- Using a sharp knife, score a 2cm in from the edge of one of the pastry strips. The other is the lid.
- Place the peaches inside the scored edges of pastry and sprinkle with 50gms of the caster sugar
- Break off small lumps of the butter and place over the sugar and peaches
- Brush the outside of the scored edges and the lid with the beaten egg, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the lid on top of the base