Apple and celery calmer
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
There’s nothing like a homemade smoothie to kick start the day or for that mid afternoon snack. Plus, after the eventful festive season, this smoothie will no doubt prove a winner with its celery infusion, which is known to have a calming, restful effect. So if you’re having trouble sleeping, try this quick and easy smoothie for a peaceful night’s slumber.
- 6 stick of celery, trimmed
- 4 apples, cored and quartered
- Apple and celery slices to serve
As an alternative, try substituting the apple for carrots. With this crunchy orange power food, you get vitamin A and a host of other health benefits.
- Put the celery and apple through a juicer and pour into glasses.
- Serve with celery and apple slices.