Mini salami pizzas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Children will love these perfectly proportioned pizzas and they make a great TV dinner served with coleslaw or salad. Saucisson sec is a tasty French salami-style sausage available on deli counters but if preferred you can use slices of pepperoni sausage or cooked and chopped cocktail sausages instead. Add some canned sweetcorn, sliced button mushrooms or chopped red or green pepper to each pizza to boost the veg content. If you’re short on time simply use halved English muffins, mini pitta breads or slices of French bread as the pizza bases.
- 2 x145g packets pizza base mix
- 6tbsp tomato and basil pizza topping
- 100g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100g saucisson sec, thinly sliced
- 2tsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Few fresh basil leaves
Freeze the unbaked pizzas for up to 1 month. Bake on a preheated baking sheet at 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6 for 15-20mins or until piping hot
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Make up the pizza base mixes together according to the packet instructions. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5mins until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each out to a 12cm circle. Place on the baking sheet. Spread a little pizza topping over each circle leaving a small border of dough.
- Scatter over the cheese and top with sliced saucisson sec. Drizzle over the oil and season lightly with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 10-15mins until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately garnished with fresh basil leaves.