Pistachio chocolate bark
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Chocolate bark is an easy, no-bake recipe that looks impressive and requires very little effort. It is also gluten free. The pistachio chocolate bark could be great last minute homemade Christmas gifts, just wrap about the pieces in some clear cellophane bags tied with a pretty ribbon. You simply melt the chocolate, smooth it flat and sprinkle with pistachios. Easy!
- 220g Dark Chocolate
- 25g Pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- ¼tsp Sea Salt
Switch the pistachios for other nuts, dried fruits, crushed mints or mini marshmallows for alternative chocolate bark toppings.
- Use a medium-sized baking tray or sheet. Spray with cooking spray and line with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave in 30second bursts, stirring in between, or with a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking paper and smooth with a spatula into an even layer about ½ cm thick.
- Sprinkle over the pistachios and sea salt.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until set.
- Peel off the baking paper and break the chocolate bark into large pieces.