Chicken with goat's cheese and bacon
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is a really simple dish to prepare that looks incredibly impressive even though it only takes 40 mins to make! The goat’s cheese and bacon ensures that your chicken is incredibly moist every time and packs the chicken and the rest of the dish full of flavour. You’ll want to keep the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 100g goats cheese in rind
- 4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- Mixed salad to serve
Try mixing a few chili flakes in with the goat’s cheese to give the dish an extra kick.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/390°F/Fan 190°C/Gas Mark 6
- Turn your chicken breasts over and place a slit down the centre of each of them to create a gap.
- Put 25g of goats cheese into each chicken breast and wrap with a rasher of streaky bacon.
- Wrap each chicken breast in foil and place on a tray in the oven. The foil will help the chicken stay together. You should remove it after the first 10 minutes so that the bacon can crisp. Serve with salad.