Masala fish and chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
This is a great way to add a twist to a classic dish and the onions keep the fish nice and moist. Fish is a great healthy meal and everything is always better with homemade chips. River cobbler is a great inexpensive alternative to other white fish.
- 400g white potatoes
- 1tbsp oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 river cobbler
- 1 large onion
- 2tsp ground turmeric
- 3tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
You could try this technique with different kinds of fish.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/390F/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6
- Cut your washed potatoes into thick chips, leave the skins on for extra flavour. Rub the chipped potatoes with oil and salt. Place them onto a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 30mins/until tender in the centre.
- Meanwhile slice the onion into half moon slices and fry with the coriander and turmeric until the onions are soft.
- Rub the garam masala onto both sides of each river cobbler and place them each on a separate piece of foil. Top each of them with half of the onions mixture.
- Seal the foil to make two parcels and place on a baking tray, add to the oven with the chips and cook for 20 mins. Remove from the oven and serve.